Terms & Conditions
Revision date 3/11/11
Effective date: 3/11/11
Thank you for visiting the www.signsidesign.com (SID) website. Below are our terms of service (TOS) containing the terms and conditions which govern your use of our website. They describe both our obligations to you as well as your rights and responsibilities as a user of SID. Use of SID constitutes your acceptance of these TOS.
SID reserves the right to add, delete and/or modify any of the terms and conditions outlined in these TOS, at any time and in its sole discretion, by posting either a change notice or a new agreement on the SID website. If you were to find these changes unacceptable, your only recourse is to refrain form using the SID website. Continued use of SID constitutes binding acceptance of the changes.
1).Use of the Website and SignsIDesign.com Service
1.2 Compliance with TOS. You must comply with all TOS outlined below as well as all applicable laws.
1.3 License for you to use the SID website and related services. SID owns all intellectual property and title and interest in and copyrights in and to this SID website. As a user you will not acquire any right, title or interest under these TOS.
SID grants you limited revocable access to this SID website for the intended purposes, and subject to the TOS outlined below, subject to your compliance with these TOS. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the SID website and service should you not comply with the TOS.
2) TOS Rules.
2.1 You may not attempt in any way to harm the SID website either by employing any type of virus or software or any other technology with the intent to disrupt or in any way cause harm to the SID website and its users.
2.2 Use of your designs. You retain ownership of the designs created or uploaded to the SID website. You grant SID the right to copy, modify, publicly display, and add to our template offering on the SID website the designs created and/or uploaded to this site.
You have the right to remove the designs you have created or uploaded and , after notifying SID as to your intentions, said designs will be removed from our offering, after completing the production of existing orders using your designs.
2.3 Representations and Warrants. You warrant to SID and we to you that a) you or we have the authority to enter into and perform under these TOS, and b) that the execution of your or our obligation under these TOS do not constitute a breach of or conflict with any other agreement you or we are bound by.
You warrant to SID that designs created or uploaded for print at SID do not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy or other legal right of any third party. You further warrant that there are no claims, demands or any other form of litigation pending associated with the content of the designs created or uploaded for print at SID.
2.4 Disclaimers and Exclusions. SID provides this website and related service on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not warrant that the SID website will be online on an “uninterrupted basis”, will be free from error or omission in your design due to technological or any other issues, or will work properly with the hardware or software that you use.
As such, we will not be held liable to you or any third party for consequential damages related to the use or inability to use the SID website services ( these consequential damages include lost profits, lost design data and loss of goodwill).
2.5 Limitation of Liability. Except for breach of the terms of the TOS, in no event will the liability of SID exceed the dollar amount paid by the user of the SID website for this service.
2.6 Termination. SID may suspend or terminate your use of the SID website if it feels that you have in any way breached these TOS.
3) Acceptance of TOS. Your use of our website and purchase of a product or service subjects you to our TOS. By completing and paying for your order you acknowledge your acceptance of our TOS.
4) Content of your purchased Design. Since you alone, by using the design software associated with the SID website, create and/or upload a design, as such agree that no SID employee, officer, owner or agent is responsible for monitoring the content of your design. You agree that SID will not check your design content for spelling errors, grammatical errors, design errors, contact information errors, or any other factors that are within your control as the user of the SID website. As the user, you agree that you have numerous opportunities to check your design for layout and content and in fact have done so. You also agree that your design does not contain any unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, harassing, pornographic, racially or otherwise objectionable content.
5) Color Control. Since SID does not utilize “proofing” or offer “color matching” in an attempt to offer you the lowest possible cost of service, the design colors you may see on your computer monitor when submitting an order through the SID website may not look the same as the colors on the printed product you receive. SID does make every effort to achieve colors that are consistent and as true to the monitor as is possible. However, if Pantone color matches are critical to your design, please contact us for a recommended Printer with this capability.
6) Clip Art. SID offers an extensive range of clipart to be used when creating sign designs on our website. None of this clipart has been approved through official organizations or groups.
7) Uploaded Images. SID allows for the upload of images from your computer to our Website for use in your design. You agree that SID is not responsible for the quality of the images you upload. Though we are not monitoring your design, if we happen to notice prior to printing that the size of the uploaded image will appear pixilated when printed, we will attempt to contact you to confirm that you are aware of this result. However, you agree that you alone are responsible for making certain that the resolution of the image you are uploading is of sufficient quality to meet your expectations for the size of sign you are buying from SID.
8) Production Lead Time and Changes to Orders. SID makes every effort to produce and ship all orders placed through the SID website within three business days from the date ordered. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday are considered ordered on the following Monday. As such we would make every effort to ship these by Thursday of that week. Orders placed on Tuesday would ship by Friday and so on. Since we are located on the US East Coast, we operate on Eastern Standard Time and as such, orders placed after 5:00 PM EST are considered ordered the following day. All products are shipped using UPS. Shipping time will obviously add to time it takes for you to actually receive your finished product.
Once an order has been placed through the SID website, you agree that you have thoroughly reviewed your order and as such, no changes can be made as the order is final as is. Since we are working hard to ship finished product as soon as possible, changes to orders are often not an option as we have already begun printing. However, if a change is required and communicated to SID prior to the product being printed, we will cancel the original order, issue a credit and you will be required to submit a new order.
9) Return and Refund Policy. SID wants you to be completely satisfied. We guarantee our products to be free from manufacturing defects. If our product is installed properly, used for its intended purpose and is not subjected to 30 plus mph winds on both sides of the product, we guarantee our products for 90 days from purchase. If a product has failed, either ship it back to us or take a photograph of the damaged product and send it to us. If the damage is due to our workmanship or a manufacturing defect, we will either replace it free of charge or offer you a Credit at SID for the entire purchase price.